Manager Board of Examiners and Operational Support | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD Manager BoEOS Nov 2018.pdf (PDF, 185KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2019|
Are you looking for a challenge?
Are you interested in seeing concrete results from your work?
Do you want to contribute to the health and safety of the extractives industry?
The Manager NZ Mining Board of Examiners (BoE) and Operational Support will provide strong management and leadership to the BoE and Operational Support team members to enable them to provide a high level of professional, confidential advisory and secretariat services.
The BoE was established by WorkSafe to advise competency requirements in the extractives industry and to issue certificates of competence.
Reporting to the Chief Inspector - Extractives, you will be responsible for ensuring that:
- the BoE receives not only high quality advice and secretariat support but also its decisions are implemented
- high quality advice and support services are provided by the Extractives Team
This role will require you to have a good understanding of governmental processes. You will demonstrate strong general management skills, leadership and the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders. To be successful in this role you will also have:
- Experience in working in the government sector, preferably in a regulatory environment
- A proven track record in managing secretariat support to committees and /or boards and members
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills and are used to working with diverse stakeholders
- Proven success working in a dynamic environment
- Experience in developing, policies/processes to improve what best practice looks like
- Experience in project work would be desirable as would knowledge of competency frameworks.
To apply for this position, please click on the ‘Apply' button below. This will allow you to register your details, submit your application for this vacancy and view a full position description.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Applications close on Monday 28th January 2019.