Team Leader Management Accounting | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Team Leader Management Accounting June 2020.pdf (PDF, 186KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Jul-2020|
- Pivotal role driving financial management and performance
- People leading and building capability
- Permanent / Wellington
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is seeking an experienced Team Leader Management Accounting to join our Finance Team. The team works closely with the organisation to support effective financial management that helps deliver WorkSafe's core focus - everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe.
As Team Leader Management Accounting you will be pivotal in driving the financial management and performance of WorkSafe. You will enjoy engaging with leaders and be able to influence at a strategic level as you lead the financial aspects of planning and budgeting processes. You will also
- Lead a team of three management accountants
- Ensure the organisation has the right costing/modelling/budgeting structure, systems and processes in place – developing new or enhancing existing as required.
- Work with other finance teams to build organisation wide financial management capability and confidence
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Proven management accounting experience at a senior level (government sector experience preferred but not essential)
- Team leadership / supervisory experience and be comfortable managing and developing team and individuals capability
- The ability to engage and develop trust, credibility and relationships at all levels including Board/Executive level
- A structured, systems-thinking approach to your work
- Strong service orientation with a consulting style of delivery
- Great communication skills and experience presenting to senior leaders
- A professional accounting qualification - CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
There are exciting changes underway as WorkSafe moves to being a modern, intelligence-led regulator. If you'd like to play a part in enabling this transformation, then we'd like to hear from you.
About WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement.
We offer a range of benefits including a free insurance package (life, trauma and income protection), discounts on health insurance and eye care, learning and professional development opportunities, and flexible work options.
Click the apply link and complete an application form including your CV and a cover letter.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Applications close on Sunday 12 July 2020.