Senior Management Accountant | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Management Accountant June 2020.pdf (PDF, 106KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Jul-2020|
- Influence change in our financial management capability
- Engaging and partnering with the organisation
- Permanent / Wellington
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is seeking an experienced Senior Management Accountant to join our Finance Team. The team works closely with the organisation to support effective financial management that helps deliver WorkSafe's core focus - everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe.
This is a great opportunity for you to apply your experience and influence real change in our financial management capability. You will enjoy engaging with leaders at a strategic level and helping them translate vision and direction into robust financial models, and providing analysis and advice to support informed decision-making. You will also:
- Partner with business units to support their financial management and upskill manager financial capability
- Build new or enhance existing costing/modelling/budgeting systems, policies and processes
- Provide expertise and analysis to the finance team to support their customers
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Proven management accounting experience at a senior level (government sector experience preferred but not essential)
- A structured, systems-thinking approach to your work
- Strong service orientation with a consulting style of delivery
- Great communication skills and experience presenting to senior leaders
- A professional accounting qualification - CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
There are exciting changes underway as WorkSafe moves to being a modern, intelligence-led regulator. If you'd like to play a part in enabling this transformation, then we'd like to hear from you.
About WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement.
We offer a range of benefits including a free insurance package (life, trauma and income protection), discounts on health insurance and eye care, learning and professional development opportunities, and flexible work options.
Click the apply link and complete an application form including your CV and a cover letter.
For further information please contact email@example.com with any queries.
Applications close on Sunday 12 July 2020.