Technical Specialist Work Related Health | All office locations
|Attachments:|| PD - Technical Specialist WRH.pdf (PDF, 199KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2020|
- Use your expertise to deliver positive health outcomes for New Zealanders
- Get involved in a wide variety of work and projects
- Great benefits, including life, income protection and trauma insurances
Our Work Related Health team within our Health and Technical Services group is made up of five highly experienced occupational hygienists and health risk specialists, dedicated to being world class within their field and supporting WorkSafe on its journey to becoming a modern, intelligence-led regulator.
The team are expanding and looking for an additional Technical Specialist. Our Technical Specialists have a broad mandate of work – they use their expertise to develop and support our inspectorate in their regulatory work, and provide technical advice to external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you'll bring:
- Specialist knowledge in work related health/hygiene – we're particularly interested in hearing from candidates with extensive experience in health risk management and exposure monitoring and/or a strong toxicology background
- Ideally experience applying specialist knowledge in a regulatory environment
- Wide body of experience (at least five years) within a consultancy or comparable experience across a range of health risks
- Proven experience in delivering sound judgements and robust decision making
- An ability to coach and mentor others
- Experience and/or ability to contribute technical expertise to projects
- A relevant qualification in work-related health, combined with the ability to hold and/or maintain an HSWA warrant.
In return, we'll provide you with a range of projects to sink your teeth into and expand your learning into different areas, as well as plenty of autonomy to get on and get the job done. We'll also ensure you can keep your skills and qualifications relevant through professional development.
This is a high performing, busy team with a large pipeline of work. Accordingly, you'll be a real team player, great at building relationships with a range of stakeholders and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits at WorkSafe
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe.
The Health and Technical Services Group is a centre of excellence providing high-quality technical information and advice to internal and external stakeholders while delivering its own technical programmes of work. The Group consists of experts from a range of specialities, including asbestos, hazardous substances, work-related health, engineering, permitting, and more.
The Technical Programmes and Support team's mission is to enhance and advance workplace health and safety outcomes through technical knowledge and focuses on being the ‘go to' experts for internal and external stakeholders for engineering, hazardous substances and work related health.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply' button. This will allow you to register your details, submit your application for this vacancy and view a full position description.
For more information you can contact email@example.com with any queries.
Applications close on 4th October 2020.