Manager Legal Services | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Manager Legal Services (September 2020).pdf (PDF, 254KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2020|
- Experienced Lawyer with management and/or demonstrable leadership capabilities
- Permanent, full-time role
- Great benefits including life, trauma and income protection insurances
The Legal Group is responsible for providing effective legal services and advice to all WorkSafe teams, including to the Chief Executive and the Board.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Advisor, you will be responsible for leading and managing a local team of lawyers and support staff. While the focus of your role will be on leading this team, a component of it will also involve the hands on provision of legal services to our clients. You'll also be part of the Group's leadership team, working across the team to improve the way we provide services.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have management experience and/or be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management capabilities
- have a strong people focus and desire to develop and progress your staff, in order that they can achieve their full potential
- be responsible for allocation of work to staff and for monitoring the quality of the services that they provide
- bring strong interpersonal and communication skills, which will be integral to your success in maintaining strong relationships across WorkSafe and externally
- the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders, namely with our Auckland Legal Manager and our Principal Legal Advisors
- be highly organised, and bring a planned and methodical approach to everything you do
- hold a current practising certificate as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- ideally bring prosecution experience in a regulatory context – while this is not mandatory, it would be an advantage
As a senior legal practitioner, the legal services you provide to your clients will be high quality, timely, accurate and practical. You will be able to demonstrate a strong client focus in your work, and a desire to add value wherever possible.
You will also demonstrate a passion to make a difference in health and safety.
Benefits at WorkSafe
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe.
We investigate fatalities and serious accidents and enforce legislation when need be. In addition, we provide guidance and education, gather intelligence, report on health and safety statistics, build partner and stakeholder relationships and develop prevention programmes.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply' button. This will allow you to register your details, submit your application for this vacancy and view a full position description.
For more information you can contact email@example.com with any queries
Applications close on 28th September 2020.