Technical Officer(Gas) | All office locations
|Attachments:|| PD - Technical Officer Energy Safety (Gas).pdf (PDF, 134KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Dec-2021|
- Passionate about the safe supply and use of gas?
- Want to use your expertise in a regulatory role for all New Zealand?
- We are recruiting for a permanent role based in Wellington or Auckland
We are looking for individuals with significant experience in gas reticulation or installation industries to join our Energy Safety team in Wellington or Auckland (other locations may be considered for the right candidate).
WorkSafe's Energy Safety team is committed to promoting and ensuring the safe supply and use of gas and electricity. It works with industry and the public to promote high safety and quality standards in networks, installations and products.
Our team of expert technical officers and advisors educate, advise on, investigate, audit, and ensure compliance (enforce) the safety and supply quality frameworks for gas and electricity established by legislation, standards and codes of practice.
As part of this team, you'll liaise with the best in New Zealand industry. This role has a significant impact on gas safety through interventions which change industry and public behaviour.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary gas engineering or gasfitting or related qualification and extensive relevant reticulation, installation or utilisation industry experience
- High technical knowledge and a good understanding of industry issues and the wider stakeholder network
- Ability and initiative to recognise where safety outcomes could be achieved
- Sound knowledge of the administration of regulatory frameworks including enforcement and compliance mechanisms
- Ability to self-manage work portfolios and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret and administer legislative requirements and write technical reports in “plain English”
- Investigation and auditing experience
- Practical compliance management experience
About our team
Our Energy Safety Team's focus is on regulating gas and electricity safety throughout New Zealand. We oversee the safety and supply quality requirements of the Gas Act 1992 and the Electricity Act 1992 and are responsible for developing and applying internationally accepted standards for New Zealand's electricity and gas safety and supply quality.
We offer a supportive team environment and are committed to career development. If you are looking to be recognised for your valuable knowledge of the industry or you are already working in the gas sector and are passionate about safety, we welcome your application.
Benefits at WorkSafe
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits, including free life, trauma and income protection insurance packages, discounts on health insurance and eye care, and learning and development opportunities.
WorkSafe is New Zealand's primary workplace health and safety regulator. Our Chief Executive Phil Parkes leads over 600 staff based across New Zealand who are working to lift health and safety performance, supporting New Zealanders to return home from work healthy and safe.
How to apply
Click the apply button and include your CV and cover letter. You can find out more about this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications will close on 23rd December 2021,Thursday and shortlisting will be conducted in the week beginning 10th and 17th January 2022.