Kaitohutohu Matua-Hauora Māori (Senior Advisor Māori Health) | Wellington
|Category:||Workplace Health & Safety|
|Attachments:|| PD Kaitohutohu Matua Hauora Maori (Senior Advisor Maori Health).pdf (PDF, 115KB)
|Application Close Date:||11-Oct-2021|
- Play a part in keeping New Zealand work places safe
- Use your exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Permanent, Wellington location
WorkSafe is looking for a Kaitohutohu Matua – Hauora Māori (Senior Advisor Māori Health) to support better Work-Related Health outcomes for Māori.
As Senior Advisor Māori Health you will be responsible for delivering programmes of work and connecting operational and corporate staff approaches. A key element of this role is supporting the team to deliver on equity. You will scope a Māori health framework for future needs and work across WorkSafe to support and align Work-Related Health approaches, as well as:
- Contribute to innovative ways to measure the effectiveness of guidance and education materials and campaigns
- Manage projects to support the operations of the Health area, including the development of specialist training resources
- Prepare and contribute to responses to Ministerials, OIAs, and PQs
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
The ideal person for this role will have knowledge and understanding of working in a Tikanga / Kaupapa Māori environment and in-depth knowledge of the Māori health, and work-related health challenges and opportunities. You will also have:
- Understanding of Kaupapa Māori health frameworks and their application in a business and community setting
- Experience in engaging with Māori communities and health providers
- Understanding of the implications of and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree of fluency in Te Reo Maori would be of benefit
- Graduate qualification in relevant discipline is desirable
Working in our high-performing team you'll enjoy a supportive environment where you are trusted and empowered to do your best work. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
The salary range for this role is $100,019 - $133,358
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on Monday 11 October 2021