Commercial & Vendor Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:|| PD - Commercial and Vendor Manager - DT Programme .pdf (PDF, 105KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2021|
- Join a growing team making who are making an impact to the health, safety, and wellbeing of New Zealanders
- Strategic approach to the management of ICT vendors/service providers to Worksafe Digital Transformation programme
- 12 Month Fixed term role based in Wellington
About the role
We have a great Fixed term opportunity for an ICT Commercial & Vendor Manager to join the Digital Transformation programme team based in Wellington.
The Commercial & Vendor Manager will be responsible for ensuring an effective, planned and professionally managed strategic approach to the management of ICT vendors/service providers and will support the digital transformation programme by providing commercial advice, procurement support and manage all commercial contracts.
As our ICT Commercial & Vendor Manager, you will be involved in:
- Manage all commercial contracts and procurements from end to end
- Provide advice and recommendation on insource vs outsource
- Develop and implement balanced scorecards for key suppliers
- Draft contracts that are fit for purpose and capture all the services and deliverables within an agile delivery framework.
- Lead negotiation and initial drafting of all supply agreement with current and prospective suppliers, with support from Worksafe legal as required
Ideally you will bring:
- Commercial, vendor or procurement professional experience supporting ICT planning, sourcing, and supplier management for either public or private sectors.
- Qualifications or formal training in procurement, negotiation, supply management, commercial law, contracting and contract management
- Demonstrate leadership, of themselves but to others in support of delivering the right outcome, focus on what they can control and influence
- Proven experience and ability to act with a high degree of independence and accountability
- People-orientated, with the ability to take others on the journey by encouraging participation and input
- Team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in ambiguous situations
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 22 September 2021