Engagement lead | All office locations
|Attachments:|| PD - Engagement Lead Aug 21 .docx (Word, 145KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Sep-2021|
Engagement leads with a passion for primary industry(2 positions)
- Engage, partner and work with industry leaders, businesses and workers to help reduce work-related harm
- Change the way people think and behave about health and safety to create sustainable leadership in every industry
- Location: All WorkSafe office location
We're looking for two engagement leads with a passion for primary industry - particularly forestry or agriculture across New Zealand. This is a key role in the External Strategy and Engagement Group, reporting directly to the Director Engagement and Implementation. Engagement leads act as a key conduit between WorkSafe and external organisations, interest groups, other agencies and sectors. You will represent WorkSafe at a senior level and grow the ‘reach' of WorkSafe messaging and influence in priority areas and key sectors.
Engagement leads provide thought leadership and challenge sectors to accelerate their improvement and move away from traditional approaches to health and safety. The role also works within WorkSafe to bring sector knowledge and insights to influence how WorkSafe designs and delivers work-related harm prevention activity.
Engagement leads can tackle any sector, but we are seeking people who bring a particular passion for connecting across primary industry and some experience in either forestry or agriculture.
About the Engagement and Implementation team
The core functions of the Engagement and Implementation team are:
Engagement and Partnering
- Our team is focused on identifying and managing the varied ways we need to engage, partner and work with industry leaders, businesses and workers to help reduce work-related harm.
- We need to be able to change the way people think and behave about health and safety to create sustainable leadership in every industry.
Designing and Planning
- We design harm reduction initiatives in high-risk industries and cross cutting areas that have been identified by WorkSafe as a harm prevention priority.
- Our implementation team pulls together a plan. We source funding and identify a team of people across WorkSafe who can provide valuable input. We ensure our thinking and approach connects with day-to-day operations and industry realities.
Piloting and Implementing
- Working with WorkSafe, industry, business, unions and workers, our team pilots and implements interventions to reduce harm over time.
- We design tailored approaches that will influence behaviour change.
Please see the position description for more in-depth details.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement.
To apply click the apply button and include your CV and cover letter. You can find out more about this role by emailing email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday, 29 September 2021.