Voice of Customer Lead | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Voice of Customer Lead.pdf (PDF, 130KB)
PD - Voice of Customer Lead.pdf (PDF, 130KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
Voice of Customer Lead
- An exciting opportunity to shape a new position integral to the success of the Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience function at a pivotal time in WorkSafe's journey
- Champion and coordinate expertise to integrate audience perspectives into the work of the Marketing, Communications and Customer Experience function
- Use your relationship skills to understand problems the business is seeking to solve and provide expertise from a customer point of view to ensure work meets the needs of an audience and lands as intended
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of workers, whānau and communities
- Flexible working by default and leadership that is committed to creating mentally healthy work
- Permanent role based at WorkSafe's Wellington Office (some domestic travel may be required)
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
About the team
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are uniquely placed to create behaviour change, make connections, create context, bring clarity and inspire through storytelling. To do this well requires a deep understanding of our organisation, our vision and our work programmes. We also have a critical role to play in supporting the wider organisation through our transformation journey. We need to support, integrate and clearly communicate the work taking place throughout WorkSafe to ensure it lands successfully with our people and external audiences, partners and stakeholders. We're evolving the Marketing, Communication and Customer Experience function at WorkSafe to help realise our ambition.
About the group
This team sits within the External Strategy and Engagement Group which connects the Government's overarching Health and Safety at Work Strategy to workers, businesses, whānau and communities. Our group brings an innovative approach to the design and delivery of harm prevention initiatives – with relationships at the core of this work. We work in partnership with other agencies and organisations alongside other WorkSafe teams to ensure everyone in New Zealand is coming home healthy and safe.
About the role
- The Voice of Customer Lead, is a leadership position within the team. The role is responsible for championing audience perspectives, understanding and applying customer insight, customer research, internal and external feedback to enable user centred design, decision making and prioritisation to the work of the team.
- You will have considerable breadth and scope to shape the role to best deliver an integrated customer perspective, as part of a new Marketing, Communications and Engagement function within the External Strategy and Engagement Group at WorkSafe
- The role will require strong thought leadership and ability to bring the organisation along with us to ensure we are using the evidence available effectively
- Apply your excellent relationship skills to work closely with the Customer Experience team leveraging customer insight, the Brand and Identity team applying insight to outputs and existing data, insight and research capability across the organisation
- Navigate multiple and sometimes opposing views to reach fit-for-purpose solutions
- Through value-based leadership you will role model and embed cultural change that continues to bring our new values and ways of working in this function to life
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop and deliver work programmes that balance the interests of audiences, stakeholders and desired organisational outcomes
- Have experience leading the scoping, prioritisation and design of research and customer insight activities within marketing and communication contexts
- Have demonstrated experience partnering with internal stakeholders to deliver insights that are accessible and actionable
- Have experience applying customer insight to develop and test behaviour change initiatives
- Have a broad understanding of social marketing and communication disciplines
- Have proven experience providing intellectual and professional leadership to others with a track record of trust and respect from their peers and more senior practitioners
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equitable outcomes and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.