Channels and Insights Manager | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Channels and Insights Manager .pdf (PDF, 135KB)
PD - Channels and Insights Manager .pdf (PDF, 135KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
- A leadership role contributing to the direction, development and growth of WorkSafe's overall channels ecosystem.
- Responsible for designing and implementing a Channels Strategy, leveraging WorkSafe's digital and offline properties
- A key influencer in leveraging user-first communications and using data and insight to inform the channels ecosystem and content delivered through this
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of workers, whānau and communities
- Flexible working by default and leadership that is committed to creating mentally healthy work
- Permanent role based at any WorkSafe Office (Regular travel to Wellington required)
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
About the team
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are uniquely placed to create behaviour change, make connections, create context, bring clarity and inspire through storytelling. To do this well requires a deep understanding of our organisation, our vision and our work programmes. We also have a critical role to play in supporting the wider organisation through our transformation journey. We need to support, integrate and clearly communicate the work taking place throughout WorkSafe to ensure it lands successfully with our people and external audiences, partners and stakeholders. We're evolving the Marketing, Communication and Customer Experience function at WorkSafe to help realise our ambition.
About the group
This team sits within the External Strategy and Engagement Group which connects the Government's overarching Health and Safety at Work Strategy to workers, businesses, whānau and communities. Our group brings an innovative approach to the design and delivery of harm prevention initiatives – with relationships at the core of this work. We work in partnership with other agencies and organisations alongside other WorkSafe teams to ensure everyone in New Zealand is coming home healthy and safe.
About the role
- As the Channels and Insights Manager, you will lead a team of four to design, develop and lead a new channels strategy for the organisation that encompasses both digital and non-digital channel
- You will have considerable breadth and scope to build and grow your team to deliver to this strategy, as part of a new Marketing, Communications and Engagement function within the ESE Group at WorkSafe
- The role will require significant influence, thought leadership and education across the business to support the delivery of a strategic, user-centric, insight-led strategy that delivers behaviour change for the right audiences using appropriate channels and digital properties
- You will need to be able to understand technical requirements and balance these with an ability to champion a customer-lens across the development, growth and integration of WorkSafe's channels ecosystem, including internal and external digital channels
- Through value-based leadership you will role model and embed cultural change that continues to bring our new values and way of working in this function to life
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience managing team members working across digital technologies including web and social
- Have a strong understanding of channels eco-systems beyond digital
- Be a strong strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver integrated work programmes that balance the interests of our organisation, users and stakeholders
- Understand the accessibility requirements of government agencies including user challenges presented by the digital divide
- Be able to apply digital marketing principles to behaviour change interventions
- Have significant experience leading the development and delivery of a large programmes of work particularly in the areas of social and digital media
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work in collaboration with peers and to influence key stakeholders
- Have the ability to develop insights from data and use these to create successful outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equitable outcomes and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.