Senior Social Specialist | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Social Specialist.pdf (PDF, 170KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Dec-2021|
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a brand-new team developing the channel strategy for WorkSafe
- Unique opportunity to design and implement a social media strategy and approach, while creating content on the fly with the support of an in-house content team
- Responsible for developing social media reporting and performance frameworks and champion the interpretation of social analytics to inform future activity
- Act as a thought leader to the function and wider business across existing and developing social media channels and trends, and effective and appropriate social media use
- Deliver solutions for a leadership keen to explore opportunities within the social media landscape
- Be part of an organisation committed to making a difference to the health, safety and wellbeing of workers, whānau and communities
- Flexible working by default and leadership that is committed to creating mentally healthy work
- Permanent role based at any WorkSafe Office (Regular travel to Wellington required)
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
About the team
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are uniquely placed to create behaviour change, make connections, create context, bring clarity and inspire through storytelling. To do this well requires a deep understanding of our organisation, our vision and our work programmes. We also have a critical role to play in supporting the wider organisation through our transformation journey. We need to support, integrate and clearly communicate the work taking place throughout WorkSafe to ensure it lands successfully with our people and external audiences, partners and stakeholders. We're evolving the Marketing, Communication and Customer Experience function at WorkSafe to help realise our ambition.
About the group
This team sits within the External Strategy and Engagement Group which connects the Government's overarching Health and Safety at Work Strategy to workers, businesses, whānau and communities. Our group brings an innovative approach to the design and delivery of harm prevention initiatives – with relationships at the core of this work. We work in partnership with other agencies and organisations alongside other WorkSafe teams to ensure everyone in New Zealand is coming home healthy and safe.
About the role
- The Senior Social Specialist is an expert position responsible for the design and delivery of a new social media strategy and approach for WorkSafe's social channels that leverages the right channels, with the right audiences, at the right time
- In this role, you will have breadth and scope to design and iterate the social approach as needed, and will ensure WorkSafe is abreast of all upcoming social trends in this ever-changing landscape, implementing these as needed
- You will apply cutting edge best practise tools and technology to the social media approach to ensure WorkSafe is delivering impact from these channels
- Consistently drive content creation with the support of the Brand and Identity team to develop high quality social media content, aligning to the agreed content and brand strategy
- Champion the interpretation and understanding of social analytics to understand impact and measurement, informing future initiatives and activity at a micro and macro level in the social landscape
We're looking for a social media specialist who wants to own the strategy and delivery of an evolving social approach. This is an opportunity to build from the ground up, with the support of an in-house agency function to create content on the fly. Are you a great team player who works for the benefit of all around them? If so then we'd love to hear from you.
You will have:
- A minimum of three years' experience working in communications, marketing or digital marketing, with a particular focus on social channels and tools
- The ability to think strategically and use insight to inform audience-focussed social communications
- A strong performance focus with the ability to understand key metrics across a broad range of social channels ensuring content is reaching the right audiences, in the right way, on the right channels
- A strong grounding in risk and issues management within the social media landscape – including the implications of mis- and dis- information
- Proven ability to work across an organisation, including senior leaders, building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equitable outcomes and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Advertising for this role will close at 5pm on Thursday 9th December 2021