Technical Officer (Electrical) | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - Technical Officer Energy Safety (Electrical).pdf (PDF, 169KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2022|
- Do you have significant electricity industry experience?
- Passionate about safety and want to make a difference?
- Use your expertise in a regulatory role for all New Zealand
WorkSafe's Energy Safety team is committed to promoting and ensuring the safe supply and use of gas and electricity. It works with industry and the public to promote high safety and quality standards in networks, installations and products.
Our team of expert technical officers and advisors educate, advise on, investigate, audit, and ensure compliance (enforce) the safety and supply quality frameworks for gas and electricity established by legislation, standards and codes of practice.
We are looking for a Technical Officer (Electrical) to join our team. This is a permanent role based in Wellington (but open to other locations for the right person). As part of the team, you'll liaise with the best in New Zealand industry, and have a significant impact on electricity safety through interventions which change industry and public behaviour.
Ideally you will have:
- A tertiary or professional qualification in an Electrical trade or related occupation and extensive relevant industry experience
- Sound technical knowledge and a good understanding of electricity industry issues and the wider stakeholder network
- Ability and initiative to recognise safety regulatory risks, and where safety outcomes could be improved
- Sound knowledge of the administration of regulatory frameworks and standardisation
- Ability to self-manage work portfolios and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret and administer regulatory requirements and write technical reports in plain language
- Investigation and auditing experience would be an advantage
- Practical risk or compliance management experience
About our team
Our Energy Safety Team's focus is on regulating gas and electricity safety throughout New Zealand. We oversee the safety and supply quality requirements of the Gas Act 1992 and the Electricity Act 1992 and are responsible for developing and applying internationally accepted standards for New Zealand's electricity and gas safety and supply quality.
We offer a supportive team environment and are committed to career development. If you are looking to be recognised for your valuable knowledge of the industry or you are already working in the gas sector and are passionate about safety, we welcome your application.
About WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
Benefits at WorkSafe
We offer a range of benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances, discounts on health insurance and eye care, four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave, 15 days of sick leave, and learning and professional development opportunities. We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network, WorkSafe Wahine Women's Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement: WorkSafe's COVID-19 vaccination policy is under review. Currently all employees are required to be vaccinated in line with our Vaccination Policy. New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
For further information please contact email@example.com with any queries, or to find out more about WorkSafe New Zealand go to www.worksafe.govt.nz
Applications close on 14 June 2022.