Technical Specialist Plant, Equipment and Pipelines | All Office Locations
|Attachments:|| PD - Technical Specialist Plant, Equipment and Pipeline - Sept 2022.pdf (PDF, 170KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Oct-2022|
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a skilled engineer to join our Technical Programmes and Support team who promote and reinforce continuous improvement in health, safety and wellbeing standards and quality in New Zealand workplaces.
You will be joining a small, collaborative team of other engineers who are a centre of expertise for WorkSafe in the delivery of cost effective, efficient and high-quality technical advice on health and safety issues relating to this specialist area.
This is a varied role where no two days are the same and the work will challenge you to think both proactively and reactively. If this sounds like you, and you're looking to join a team of dedicated, like-minded experts, this is the role for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Championing and reinforcing continuous improvement in health, safety and wellbeing standards and quality in New Zealand workplaces
- Identifying information sources for safe and healthy workplaces and oversee their development and/or implementation with regional staff
- Coaching and mentoring inspectors in technical elements relating to regulatory compliance work and/or in supporting investigations
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training programmes for other staff members to build capability
- Developing and maintaining networks to understand what is happening in industry and the workplace to keep up-to-date technical knowledge
To be successful, you will bring:
- Proven experience in engineering and applying this in a regulatory environment
- Demonstrated ability to contribute technical expertise to health and safety regulatory activities (e.g., investigations)
- A desire to coach and mentor others within the team, and organisation, in area of expertise to build capability
- Experience working autonomously in a rapidly changing environment and being comfortable doing so
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
The full position description is available from the advert on our careers centre: WorkSafe New Zealand
As part of our remuneration framework the full salary range for the position is from $110,030 to $146,706, and our expected starting base salary for the right person is from $122,255 to $128,368. Note: KiwiSaver/SSRSS employer contribution is additional to/on top of your base salary.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Our people are passionate about our vision and embrace and demonstrate our WorkSafe Values - Ngā Mātāpono:
- Whakakotahi – we're united in a strong purpose
- Kōrero mai – we engage meaningfully
- Tiakina mai - we're entrusted with a duty of care.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Free life, trauma and income protection insurances
- Discounts on health insurance and eye care
- Four weeks annual leave plus three days WorkSafe leave
- 15 days sick leave
- $400 contribution towards setting up your home workstation, and
- Learning and professional development opportunities
We operate on a flexible by default basis, allowing you and your manager to create a flexible work experience that supports you and the business to succeed.
There are a range of networks you can become part of, such as our Te Rōpū Atuapiko Rainbow Network (we're also Rainbow Tick accredited), Māori Network, WorkSafe Pacific Network and our Kapa Haka group.
COVID-19 Vaccination policy
WorkSafe strongly encourages and supports all our people to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, however our current policy position is that vaccination is not a requirement for employment. Please note that WorkSafe may, if needed, reintroduce a vaccination requirement, or other approaches for managing a significant outbreak.
How to apply
Click the apply link, complete an application form and submit a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Applications close on 9th October 2022.