Trainee Health and Safety Inspector - General Inspectorate | Gisborne
|Attachments:|| PD-Health and Safety Inspector - Dec 2022.pdf (PDF, 338KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2023|
E uiga i le matafaioi -About the role
Mena kei te hiahia koe kia pai ake nga wahi mahi o Aotearoa, anei te tunga mau
WorkSafe New Zealand are now hiring full time permanent Trainee Health and Safety Inspectors for a role in Tūranganui-a-Kiwa (Gisborne) to start on the 17th April 2023.
This may have been a role you never thought about, but you may have all of the skills we're looking for. Health and safety is undergoing a major shift in New Zealand, and you could be a part of inspiring others to change the culture to make offices, sites, farms, factories and other work places over New Zealand safer for their workers. The advice and guidance you provide could save lives. We're particularly interested in hearing from candidates with industry experience in forestry, construction, manufacturing and agriculture.
WorkSafe inspectors are out in the community every day, conducting assessments and investigations, and educating New Zealanders about how they can contribute to a safe and healthy workplace. The world of workplace health and safety continues to grow in complexity, and WorkSafe inspectors need to be able to navigate through this to ensure health and safety legislation is met and all New Zealanders are returning home from work healthy and safe.
Some of the key attributes we're looking for include:
- Great people skills - be the person who can talk to and connect with all kinds of people, build rapport, show compassion and influence change
- An interest in health and safety and helping organisations and workers make changes in line with best practice and legislation
- Have the confidence to speak with, educate and inspire anyone
- Be an adaptable self starter - whether working on your own or with others, you'll be able to look at the situation in front of you and decide on the best way forward.
- Embrace cultural diversity and create a supportive, welcoming environment for all
O le a le mea o iai mo oe? - What is in it for you?
- You will receive discounted health insurance and fully paid life, income protection and trauma insurance
- Four weeks annual leave plus 3 extra leave days at Xmas/New Year
- Ongoing learning: Two NZQA Level 4 Qualifications (Regulatory knowledge & Regulatory practice) upon completion of the learning pathway, plus opportunities for ongoing development
- Workplace flexibility once you are trained and warranted: you will need to be able to complete the fundamentals of your position, however, WorkSafe is an employer that recognises your needs
Ngā herenga - Requirements of the role
- Have a full driver licence
- Be a NZ Resident, NZ Permanent Resident or have NZ/Australian citizenship
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible to work across locations and once warranted, be rostered for after-hours and weekend work as required
The work is varied and interesting, but at times can be challenging as you will be exposed to traumatic events, files, photos and statements. Professional supervision is available. However, please do contact us to be sure this role is right for you before applying if you are unsure.
Please note that the recruitment process for this role spans over several months and has several steps to it. For more in-depth information about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā Mātāpono – Our Values
Our values represent our unity and shared set of beliefs. They outline how we behave and act and keep our waka sailing in the right direction.
Whakakotahi - We're united in a strong purpose
Tiakina Mai - We're entrusted with a duty of care
Kōrero mai - We engage meaningfully
WorkSafe are committed to having a diverse workforce to service the variety of industries, workers and situations that inspectors will deal with. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds.
If this sounds like you, go ahead and hit the apply now button. If you have any specific questions please head to our WorkSafe website and look at the FAQ - https://www.randstad.co.nz/worksafe/
Oku tapuni a e ngaahi tohi kole i he 7 February 2023 - Applications close on the 7 February 2023.
Fa'afetai lava – Fakaaue lahi – Fakefetai – Ko rab'a - Mālō ‘aupito - Meitaki ma'ata - Vinaka - Ngā mihi – Thank you.